domingo, 8 de diciembre de 2013

NY must be it



Yes, I can just close my eyes and imagine
that I walk around with magic
It will be mine, it will be fine,
It will be all I ever wanted.

It must be it,
The way out of here,
the healing to my soul
the life to my bones.

I know it will be it,
it will be everything I've ever dreamed.
I cannot even begin to describe what I feel
when I sit around and think I’m living in the city,
the one that never sleeps.

I get scare time to time, but what’s not to be afraid, it’s the place
Will I make it there?, I don’t know and I don’t care,
I say "fuck it", I'll try it anyway, it may be a pity
but hey! we all know anything can happen in New York City.

The thought of it shines as much that at times I get blinded
I get scare thinking I will never find my way but I've decided,
It may not all be as dreamed, I know I'll have to work my ass off
but still who knows?, the pay may be cutting the links that hurt the most.

Ill look for a job,
no matter what that is,
I just want to pay the rent,
and have a good night sleep.

I want to feel secure,
and start building my own life
I don't care poor or rich
but near that central park.

I would love to have it made
and go directly to the upper east
but there's no one to blame
I may start across the bridge.

Maybe someday I get there,
maybe I don't get to cross that bridge,
maybe in one month I'm already back here
things I'll never know if I don't do them first.

For now, Im just saving and selling everything I have
and if I come back with nothing,
I'll try to remember
that with nothing this whole plan started.

I may return back here,
and feel that nothing changed,
I may again have no money, no job and no faith
but something I will never forget and will always remain
is that I lived in NYC once, and that for sure wasn't in vain.





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario